I posted earlier this year in a post entitled Ambitions for 2006, my “ambitions” for this year. This week, Darren at Problogger has put up another writing challenge to write about blog goals. So, with that prompt, I’ll revisit my Ambitions for 2006 and add a few more in the scope of the challenge.
First, lets take a look at the ambitions that I set forth just before the ringing of the bell for 2006.
- Stop Smoking – I’m still working on this one.
- More posts – I’ve managed to increase my posting from 2-3 a week to nearly 5 a week.
- More links – I’ve completely surpassed this early goal for this blog and am now hovering at about 70 individual links, while supergeekblog has only lightly raised to 23.
- More traffic – These numbers have actually reversed. Thatedeguy now gets 35-50 and SGB gets about 20-30 uniques a day.
- Increase Personal Revenue – I finally got to the point where I’m actually going to get a check from adsense. The next one might not be until 2007, but I’ll get one in 2006.
- Venture – While I’m still working on DOTM, the other project went the way of the dodo for a while and in the mean time, I started work on A Penny Saved in January.
Well, there’s the ambitions review. As you can tell, most of those ambitions have been met or are well on their way to being met. Since the writing challenge is pointed a little more towards the blog side of things, I’m going to add/revise a few that are more blog related.
- Traffic – I’d still like to see more traffic to my projects. Thatedeguy has leveled off again. A penny saved has continued to grow, but at a much slower rate than I would like. SuperGeekBlog has actually been decreasing(A lack of writing on our part). I’d also love to see DOTM pick up a little more of the steam it had early on. So far it seems that I’ve got the quick start down pat, but it’s the continuance that seems to be failing me.
- Posts – I’m pretty comfortable with my posting levels now. I would like to see myself continue to increase the number of posts per week to at least 7.
- Revenue – While I blog for the fun of it and it’s nice that they are paying for themselves at this point, I certainly wouldn’t argue if they started paying for some other things as well. I’ve seen revenues increase drastically at the beginning of the year and they have also seemed to have leveled off. Increasing traffic should certainly help me to grow. I’d like to be earning about $100 a month by the end of the year.
- I’d also like to see myself become a better writer. I think that my writing is fair, but as I continue to write, I’d like to see it become better.
What are some of your goals? Keep a close eye on Darren’s Problogger site throughout the week as he’ll be posting all the entries to this challenge as they are submitted. I will also be trying to have a top 5 list of my favorites up and ready for everyone by the weekend. I look forward to lots of fun entries to this challenge.