WordPress database error: [Table 'db312153433.wp_avhfdas_ipcache' doesn't exist]
SELECT * FROM wp_avhfdas_ipcache WHERE ip = '915414505'

WordPress database error: [Table 'db312153433.wp_avhfdas_ipcache' doesn't exist]
INSERT INTO wp_avhfdas_ipcache (ip, spam, added, lastseen) VALUES ('915414505', 0, '2017-08-21 16:46:12', '2017-08-21 16:46:12') ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE lastseen='2017-08-21 16:46:12'

wordpress workaround | Thatedeguy

WordPress database error: [Table 'db312153433.wp_termmeta' doesn't exist]
SELECT term_id, meta_key, meta_value FROM wp_termmeta WHERE term_id IN (5,112,504,506,505,507) ORDER BY meta_id ASC

WordPress 2.8.5 Available, May Break Some Sites

The newest release of WordPress is now available.  After the hullabaloo that surrounded the 2.8.4 release, I figured it would be a good idea to upgrade asap and get it over with before some exploit or another decided to rear it’s ugly head.  I dislike upgrading.   Mostly because the super-uber convenient auto-update feature in WordPress only works in about half of my blogs.  Why?  I don’t know for sure, but my guess would be that it has something to do with the hosts.

In any case, I normally have to download the files and upload them for at least a few of the sites, so I usually just do it for all and have one procedure instead of two.  Easier? No.  But easier on my mind. 😉

Long story short, a fair warning for those of you that haven’t upgraded yet.  It may break your site.  It broke this one for a little while.  In my case, the breakage was due to my storing the WordPress files in a subdirectory and having the actual site in the main directory.  WordPress didn’t update the index.php in the main directory and since there were some changes to the index.php file this go ’round, it wouldn’t load.  After manually replacing the index file with the new one, I then got some nice “file not found” errors from WordPress/PHP.  It was an easy enough fix as well, as all I needed to do was add the subdirectory into the path that it was looking for the files in.  And viola!  One working site done.

Luckily, this is the only site I run that I have set up this way, so I shouldn’t have that problem with any others.  But, for those of you that have sites like that, there’s the fix.  Or, at least, a workaround.